Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ahhhhhhh, I can smell the weekend....

After I stopped working (outside the home that is) and began my adventure as a stay-at-home mom, the weekend never really mattered to me much. I mean one day was the same as the other and with a dear sweet hubby that worked on weekends too, it didn't mean extra time with anyone. Then it happened, my oldest child started going to school 5 days a week and now suddenly the weekend has become important again. It means the alarm can go off a little later than normal (still have that dear sweet hubby who works weekends and who really wants to take a shower with a 7 year old, almost 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old running around unsupervised????) or if I'm lucky not at all. Of course even if the electronic alarm doesn't go off the human kind does, so I don't usually sleep much past 7:30, which is still early for some, but it's a heck of a lot better than 6 am to me.

But by far the biggest benefit of the weekend is that I don't have to have 3 kids dressed, fed and in the car by 8:40!!! Then I don't have to go back at 11:30 to pick up one daughter followed by another trip back to the same area to pick up the other daughter at 3:00! That makes for a lot of driving back and forth which uses up a lot of gas. Granted we chose to do it this way as our neighborhood school that our children would have a bus available for is not that great of a school and it's also twice as far away as the school we chose (that makes sense doesn't it?). So since we picked the closer school I get to schlepp all three kids to and from 3 times 3 days a week and two times two days a week. So it's understandable that I often dream about winning the lottery and moving into a larger house that is MUCH closer to the school. But for now that is all it is, a dream, but that's okay because if we did move I might not enjoy my weekends quite as much.....;)

No comments: