Monday, January 7, 2008

Calgon Take Me AWAY........

....or I may go completely insane!!! Why does Aunt Flo have to visit when my dear sweet hubby is working nights??? Can someone explain that to me? Because I have no clue why those two things have to happen simultaneously.
Today was the first day back to school after the winter break and I thought, maybe, just maybe, tonight would be calmer, but no....the chaos of the last two weeks just picked up where it left off. Oy vey bagels, I dunno how single parents do it. My hat's off to all of those out there who have to deal with this craziness 24/7 with no help, I know I could probably do it too, but there wouldn't be much left of the sanity, that's for sure.
You know for the first 4 years of my life as a mother I didn't drink alcohol. I was under the delusion that I couldn't be a good mother if I was intoxicated, no matter how slightly. But then one day I realized that I probably would be a better mother if I did allow myself just the slightest amount of the stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not swiggin' away at the booze all day and night, but I do have the occasional wine cooler (woo hoo, do I live dangerously or what?) to help calm the nerves, so to speak. Tonight was one such occasion! The combination of three rowdy children and PMS does not make for a pleasant evening, let me tell you.
The topper of the whole evening was when I was taking the kids upstairs to get into bed. As I walked past the powder room and noticed the light was left on (something that ALWAYS happens around here). So I went in to turn off the light, you know since we don't actually OWN the power company here, and that's when I noticed it! The lovely mess left for me by my too-cute-for-my-own-good 2 1/2 year old son. He had gotten into the foam soap that daughter #2 got for Christmas and swore that she had put up where he couldn't get to it! HA! Then in his futile attempt to clean up the mess he took ALL THE TOILET PAPER OFF THE ROLL!!!! Ugh! That roll was practically full, *sigh*, so now whenever anyone uses the bathroom downstairs, they'll just have to take some toilet paper from the wad sitting on the counter. Some people might just throw that pile away, as it was on the bathroom floor, but not me! First of all, I just vacuumed the floor earlier this afternoon and secondly I am WAY TOO CHEAP to waste that much toilet paper. Plus the people who use that bathroom the most are the kids and my dear sweet hubby, so it don't matter much to me. ;) Oh I'm bad when Aunt Flo is here.......

No comments: