Monday, January 21, 2008

Confession time

No not the "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned" kind, just a few admissions that I felt like making last night in bed as I couldn't fall asleep. I would have gotten up then to do this but I didn't want to disturb the dog and have him wake everyone else up. So I waited. Anyway, they say confession is good for the soul, so I thought I'd confess a few things. Nothing major, really, just things that make me who I am. So here goes.....

I have three pet peeves and they are
1. People who throw their cigarette butts out their car window....THE WORLD'S NOT YOUR ASHTRAY PEOPLE!!!
2. Shirt tags that stick out of the shirt.....God bless the person who came up with the tagless shirt idea! (I give my mother credit for this pet peeve)
3. Panty lines, ugh I can't stand them. So yes people I wear what some might call the flip flop of the underwear world. Sorry if that is too much information for some of you, but hey I told you I was going to confess things, so there I said it.

I secretly LOVE to color in coloring books. Okay so maybe it's not so secret now, but there is something so theraputic about sitting down and just coloring. So my children and I do it often and this may be why we probably have close to 50 coloring books. We also have a big melon jar filled with crayons, mostly Crayola as those are THE best crayon in my book. (or should I say in my "coloring" book, LOL)

I am obsessed with plucking my eyebrows, mainly 'cause if I didn't I'd give Bert from Sesame Street a run for his title of thickest unibrow on Earth!!! Seriously for being a natural blonde (albeit a dark blonde these days) I have the most Groucho Marx like eyebrows. Every morning I get those tweezers out and pluck away. Once in high school I even tried to bleach them to make them lighter. Oh was that a bad mistake as they turned a nice shade of orange, not red, but a true orange. Thank goodness there was some mascara in the house, as I used that to make them a normal color until they went back to their normal color. (Oh look at that two confessions in one. LOL)

Now for probably my biggest confession....I am on Prozac. Yep I take an anti-depressant people. I started taking it last summer when I went in for my annual with my GYN. I told her how it had been a very difficult summer with all three kids home and I found I didn't enjoy my children any more. She suggested I take it and see if it helped me. At first I didn't think I was actually depressed, but man did it help me. I started to enjoy spending time with my kids, especially when they were being good. Don't get me wrong, I still got mad at them when they were bad, so I wasn't some drugged out momma who let the kids run wild. But I could shrug off them spilling their milk at dinner instead of blowing up, like I did most of the summer. I've also found that since I've been taking Prozac I have come to accept my house instead of constantly wishing I had a different one. I also found that I stopped comparing myself to others in a physical sense and accepting my body for the way it is. And I stopped trying to recapture the hair color I had in my youth. I no longer ache for the truly blonde hair, well okay maybe I still ache for it, but I no longer feel the need to attain it again. I guess you could say that I finally have a sense of acceptance in a lot of areas in my life and there is one confession I am happy to make!!!

2 comments:

CatieCupCake said...

Oh SURE...blame me for the tag fettish! LOL

I am proud of you Julie...you are a good person and I love you. XX

OggieMamma said...

I'm on an antidepressant too, sweetie. A girl, no matter how old or young she may be, needs a little help sometimes. The shame isn't being on an antidepressant, it's needing one and being too prideful to take it.