Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The difference between girls and boys

You know before my little man was born my dear sweet hubby and I heard from several people how different boys and girls were. However we didn't really believe them. We always thought that since we'd raise our boy no different from our two girls there wouldn't be too much of a difference, man were we wrong! Boys are so totally different from girls and with each passing day I realize it more and more.
Now that my little man is approaching the age of 3 with rapid speed I am spending most of my day telling him to "Get down!" or "Stop spitting!" or "Don't hit the wall with that!". Funny I never had to tell my girls that, well okay maybe I had to tell them the "Get down!" one, but for sure not the spitting or hitting one.
And cars!!!! Is my little man obsessed with cars, oh and trains too! If it has wheels and moves, he loves it. So we have millions, well okay maybe not millions, of cars around the house and the train collection is growing. He is now starting to learn all the engine names from Thomas the Tank Engine, so I'm sure I'll be hearing from him if I call one by a wrong name. LOL
And another difference from my girls is that he was a pacifier freak. Neither girl took the pacifier and we considered ourselves lucky, but little man comes along and that's the only thing that will calm him down. We just kicked that habit a few weeks ago, but when he stopped using the 'paci' he also stopped napping and became a general grump most days. It's such a good thing that we don't have any 'paci's' in the house anymore as I get very tempted some days to just pop one in his mouth to hush him up and make him happy. And every time I try to put him down for a nap 'cause he's cranky he just opens his door and comes out, even with the door knob cover on there!!! Neither girl knew how to open a door with a door knob cover until they were much older! Heck, my youngest daughter, aka Stinky, just learned a few months before her brother! The other day he came out of his room at 6 am, so I had to put him down for a nap as he was really cranky. But he came out of his room, so I tied a jump rope to the outside of his door knob and then tied that to his sister's door knob. I know I know, I'm probably going to earn some award for worst mother or something, but dang that boy needed to take a nap, or at least have some quiet time to himself. And to be completely honest I needed some quiet time too!!!
But all in all for all the differences between him and his sisters, I would change a thing. He's such a boy and I love every minute of it, even when I'm rolling my eyes or turning some shade of red. LOL!

1 comment:

OggieMamma said...

Boys will wear you out, that's for sure, but they also become their mamma's biggest fan. So just hang in there, sugar booger, your reward (your well-deserved reward!) will come!