Friday, January 11, 2008

I love my children, I LOVE my children, I LOVE MY CHILDREN......

I'm hoping if I say it often enough the desire to sell them to the gypsies, who frequent our neighborhood looking to buy children, will pass! Oy! Tonight's been one of those nights and wouldn't you know it my dear sweet hubby is working. Always seems like he doesn't get to witness all this FUN and then when I call him about it he just laughs on the other end of the phone, hahahahaha, NOT!
Okay it all started when my son and middle daughter decided to "camp out" in the powder room, then suddenly I hear my daughter call for me. Well sonny boy decided to put all the toilet paper on the role in the toilet and flush it!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Now the toilet wasn't just clogged it was OVERFLOWING!!!!! Again AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! So I call out to the oldest daughter to bring me all the towels she can. We lay them down and I decide to distance myself from the situation and load all the kiddos into the car to go get some McDonald's for dinner as I was in no condition to cook, believe me.
So we finish dinner and then I tackle the toilet again. I try plunging it and plunging it and plunging it some more. Nuthin'! So then I get a bucket and a pot and start removing some of the water, as each time I plunged the water spilled over making more mess, oh joy. After a couple of buckets worth I finally see the clog, so I roll my sleeve up and reach in. I figured the water was clean so I might as well just pull it out myself since the plunger wasn't doing it's job. Two huge handfuls later I get the clog out and the toilet finally flushes normally! YAHOOO!
Well a few minutes later I discover a huge mess all three kiddos made in their bathroom upstairs while I was unclogging the toilet downstairs, so I call out to the daughters to clean it up. Next thing I know, while I'm moving laundry around, I hear the water running in the upstairs bathtub. So up I go. What do I find, but daughter #1 giving daughter #2 and sonny boy a bath, not only in cold water but with the bath rug that they had gotten dirty and wanted to wash!!!!!!! Yet again another AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! Where are those blasted gypsies when you need them!!! So I finally get that situation cleaned up and thankfully it was bedtime. Oy!
So now here I am finally having a moment of peace, listening to my music on my blog and realizing that no matter how desperate I am, I still do not like beer. Hey I was all out of my Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonades and after the night I've had I thought I could use a little help relaxing a bit. And since the beer approach didn't pan out I'll just have to resort to sitting in a fetal position and rocking back and forth as I chant I love my children, I love my children, I LOVE MY CHILDREN.....

1 comment:

Shoe Girl said...

You poor thing! I hope that things calm down today. Just remember that someday we, (mothers), will look back on these memories and laugh. I try to remind myself of that every day! :) Love your blog! I bookmarked it, and I'm looking forward to reading more!