Friday, January 4, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

No it's not snowing right now but I came to the conclusion earlier while I was at the park with the kids sledding that I really do love snow. I mean I grew up in Northern California where the most it would do in the winter was rain for days on end and while a small part of me misses the sound of a steady rain shower, another part of me is glad I don't have to deal with all that mud afterwards!!! Here we get snow and most of the time it goes away in a few days, but this time the snow has really stuck around, but that's okay. Snow is so much easier to clean up off of clothing than dark mud is! LOL! Especially with my 2 1/2 year old son, he gets into everything so you know if we lived where it rained instead of snowed, he'd be covered in mud from head to toe!

While we were at the park I had the greatest time going down the hill on the sled with the kids, after a while they started to refuse my requests for them to ride down with me. I think it had something to do with the fact that my extra weight kind of slowed down the sled. I don't know what they were talking about because I weigh no more than Nicole Richie did before she got pregnant! LOL

Plus I LOVE the sound of the snow crunching under my feet when I walk on it. I mean mud is just squishy and squishy may be fun to little children but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a mother who loved squishy mud!

No comments: