Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Schtuff....

....and lots of it. Why am I thinking about stuff, well my two girls, ages 7 and almost 5, share a room and at first it wasn't too bad but now it seems to be getting harder and harder. The oldest, Peaches, keeps complaining about how Stinky keeps her up at night and how Stinky wants all the lights to be on but Peaches wants it to be dark. So then Stinky tells her father today how she wants to share a room with her younger brother, who will be 3 in April, and let Peaches have her own room. This got me to thinking. I mean we could do it, but I just don't know how it would work with a three year old and bunk beds. If we did switch them we'd have to go back to single beds and not the bunk beds as I doubt Little Man would stay in his bottom bunk.
Anyway, thinking about the girls having a hard time sharing a room got me to thinking about having to share a room with my sister until I was 13 and she was 16. We grew up in a house that wasn't even 1,000 sq. ft., but yet it never seemed small to me. However now I live in a house that is about 1,849 sq. ft. and it seems way too small to me. We do have one more child than my parents had, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference as the house I grew up in only had two bedrooms for 4 people, so now we have one more bedroom but we also have one more person. Little Man is the lucky one who doesn't have to share his room with anyone. So the only thing that makes sense to me as to why it seems like this house is smaller than the one I grew up in is that I am either no where near as good a housekeeper as my mother was or we have WAY TOO MUCH SCHTUFF!!!! I tend to think it's the latter as my mother is the one who taught me all I know about housecleaning. (however the part about making your bed every day didn't stick, LOL)
Now one might be inclined to think "well all she has to do is get rid of half her schtuff and it will be fine", but the problem with that solution is where to find the time! Between taking care of three kids and trying to keep my head above water, as far as housekeeping goes, I don't have much down time to just gut rooms out, plus my dear sweet hubby would complain about me doing it alone anyway. So I could wait for him to have time to do it with me, but chances are we'll move from this house before that happens, I mean the man does work two jobs to keep us afloat financially, so his down time is limited too. You should see the "honey-do" list he made for himself, it's LONG.
So I guess for now I can just keep dreaming about winning the lottery and buying a bigger house and getting a housekeeper or I can just slowly but surely go through every room and hope that eventually at some point my lovely daughters will stop fighting about sharing a room! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No comments: