Monday, March 24, 2008

Always look on the bright side of life....

I remember that song from a Monty Python movie, can't remember which one, but I know it's one of them as I think I've seen them all by now.
Anyway, not a lot has been happening around here that has been very helpful to our limited budget lately. First out TV gets knocked over by Little Man and the whole back cover falls off and the screen has one corner that's purple! Then my neighbor gave me a hug and my glasses ended up breaking in two. It wasn't a strong hug, it's just that I was sitting down and he was standing up, making the angle all wrong and snap went my glasses. So now I'm wearing my old glasses that I got like 4 years ago as they don't bother my nose to wear but I can totally tell the prescription is old as now more things are blurry than they were with the pair that broke (I've needed to go to the optometrist for a while now).
So here we have two expenses that while are life and death, would be so nice if we could afford to take care of. Okay, well I could probably go and get a new pair of glasses as dear sweet hubby's insurance does cover a new pair of glasses each year, but everyone knows you can go in there with plans to only get what's covered but you never do. The ones that are covered are never as cute or stylish as the ones that cost more.
Anyway, what does that song have to do with this post, you ask? Well I am trying my whole new outlook for 2008 and thinking well at least the TV still works, even if the purple corner is annoying and the back looks horrible. And thank my lucky stars I kept my old glasses, 'cause I'd be in a world of hurt if I didn't still have them. My sense of urgency to get a new pair of glasses would be even more. I've tried wearing the old pair, since my friend was able to glue them back together, but the bridge that goes over the nose isn't curved anymore and it just sits straight on my nose, which is oh so uncomfortable. I tried wearing them again this morning, but just couldn't do it. Too uncomfortable. I'd rather have comfort over not-as-blurry eyesight. Oh man I know I'm getting old when comfort trumps all other things.......:s

No comments: