Monday, March 17, 2008

Craig's List kiss of death

You know every single time my dear sweet hubby finds something on Craig's List he wants, he always gets it, but me-----no such luck!!!
I found a dresser I really wanted for the girls' room a year or so ago and I got dear sweet hubby's okay to get it, but when I replied, which wasn't long after the item was posted for sale, I was told it had already been sold. Huh?!?! It had been posted like an hour before I replied and it was sold already?!?!?!?! Geesh. Then a week or so ago I found a microfiber sofa on there, at a fantastic price, so I got the okay again and replied, again not long after it was posted, and this time no reply. So I emailed them again saying how interested my husband and I were and to let me know if it was gone already, so I wouldn't keep wondering, but still no response.
Then today I find two sofas for FREE, yes people F-R-E-E, it was less than an hour since it had been posted and I had the okay, so I replied. Now here we are 5 hours later and still no reply. Don't people have any consideration these days???? I mean what if it was them who wanted an item and they kept checking email, hoping that maybe, just maybe, they'd have that email that said the item was still available? Guess not, cause here I am bummed that I missed out again.
I've always known that I am sort of a kiss of death when it comes to those home parties where you can get free stuff, but I didn't realize I was a kiss of death when it came to buying items on Craig's List as well. Maybe I should have asked "Lucky Boy" to respond for me and maybe we would have gotten those sofas! The worst part is they were nice looking sofas too!!!! So maybe those people who have all the time in the world to sit around and look at Craig's List got to them before me. :(
Okay, I've whined about this enough. I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in some chocolate chip cookies and watch the premier of "Dancing with the Stars"........

No comments: