Friday, May 23, 2008

It's amazing to me...

....how you can such affection for someone you've never met. In my last post I was pretty down and needed to just vent a little. I didn't do it to get sympathy, just as a way to release the stress and angst before it built up too much. But two lovely ladies read my blog and left really touching messages for me. It made me smile so much to know that people whom I've never met could care so much for me. That for me restores my faith in the human race. To know in all the turmoil and unrest in the world that there are those out there who care enough to give their love and caring so freely is truly touching.
Some people might think it's a little odd to spend as much time as I do on the message board where I "met" these two lovely ladies, but to me it's not. Because if you knew this board and the ladies who frequent it, like I do, you'd know it's a place for some very special people to come and share not only their love for decorating, but also their love for life and sometimes their dislike for some things in life.
I'll confess here that I'm not a religious person, maybe it's because I grew up with an atheist for a father, or maybe it's because I'm a "I have to see it to believe it" kind of gal, but I've never been able to truly invest myself into a religion. But I do hold myself to standards that are taught in the Bible, such as "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you". With that said, I kind of liken this message board to a church of sorts. We all converge on it to share our joys and pains and we give each other the help, support and love that is needed. Then when we've gotten the support we need we go away with a sense of being love and understood. It's almost like confessional, we bare our souls and find that we aren't that bad after all.
So back to my amazement of how two people could care about someone they don't know. Well I guess in a way they do know me, goodness knows I've made my share of confessions on the board and it probably helps that not only am I a member of this board, but so is my mother, sister, mother-in-law and sister-in-law. So you know lots of stories are being shared.
And who knows, maybe these ladies are amazed at how I could care for them, and I do!!! But when people can show you their vulnerable side and that they are just as human as you are, it's easy to show them the love and affection they need just as much as you do.

2 comments:

Doodles said...

I love your analogy my dear.....I like going to your "church". But I especially like/love the folks that are members.

Your post gave me warm fuzzies my dear...thankszb

Bee said...

Ooooh! Can I sing in the choir? Nobody lets me sing around here! And "meeting" is just a little tiny detail we'll have to take care of later. It really isn't that important to our folks, now is it?