Friday, May 30, 2008

You know I never believed it before...

...but now I do. Of course it only took me 15 years, but better late than never, right?
What am I talking about you ask? Mutual love. Okay okay, I know you are scratching your head right now, because if you know me you know I've been with my dear sweet hubby for almost 15 years, married for almost 11 of those. So why did it take me so dang long, well to be honest I have absolutely no clue, but it was something my dear sweet hubby said today that made me truly believe that he loves me just as much as I love him.
You see we were in our garage finding our garage floor for the first time since we moved in 4 1/2 years ago. While cleaning we found an old gym membership card of dear sweet hubby's and I noticed it expired 2/28/96, a whopping 12 years ago. I told him that it was hard to believe that while 1996 seems so dang long ago, it seemed harder to believe we had been together almost 15 years. He said it wasn't hard to believe that we had been together for 15 years, but it was hard to believe that the time had flown so fast. And something about that comment just struck me as so full of love. I mean it's not the most romantic comment ever, but the way he said, the tone of his voice and his honest-to-goodness disbelief that time had flown so fast, made me feel like he really wished that time would have gone a bit slower so he could have enjoyed it more. It was one of those moments that will stick with me.
I just hope he remembers how much he loves me and how much he enjoys spending time with me when he gets home and realizes I rearranged the bedroom.......again!

No comments: