Sunday, June 15, 2008

Slip slidin' away....

Slip Slidin' Away
Slip Slidinn'Away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away
We were so dang close to having Little Man completely potty trained, but now it seems like it's all slip slidin' away!!! In the past week he's peed and pooped in his pants more often than he's used the toilet. I can't for the life of me come with any good reason as to why. We haven't had any big changes like moving or new family members (thank goodness). But we did have a visit from my SIL and her daughter last weekend. SweetPea, as I'll call my niece, is just over 18 months old and still very much in diapers. We had a great time with them, but I have to wonder if Little Man didn't see SweetPea getting her diaper changed and decided to regress. But I can't understand why he'd do that, they were only here 3 days and before they came we all made such a big deal out of him using the toilet that he would get so proud when he did.
Hmmm, maybe that's it. We used to make such a big deal out of him using the toilet that maybe our lack of excitement when he uses it now is what's causing him to backpedal.
I dunno, all I do know is I need to get more Pull-Ups now and I'm probably going to get some "incentive" for him, like Hershey's Kisses or something like that to give him whenever he uses the toilet in hopes of re-encouraging him to use the toilet. I have a ton of underwear for him, so that's not a big deal, but I don't have many shorts that are easy to pull down, so I can't keep up with his constant soiling of his shorts.
There are times I am tempted to let him just sit in his soiled underpants, but then I'd have to keep him outside as I sure as heck don't want him sitting my furniture with poopy or wet underpants!!!! What's a girl to do??? If you have any suggestions, please, Please, PLEASE leave them for me!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: