Monday, July 28, 2008

What's that they say about.....

.....the truth being a bitter pill to swallow? I tried looking for the actual quote but apparently no one has the original author of it, 'cause I couldn't find it. But in this situation the truth is most certainly a bitter pill to swallow. I got some truth this morning that was most certainly hard to swallow. I was originally going to share it on here, but have since developed reservations in doing so. But if you know me personally please be assured that it is not a health issue with me or my dear sweet hubby or children. We are all as healthy as can be. Let's just say that our financial situation is worse than I believed it to be. I knew money was tight, it always has been for us, but my dear sweet hubby and I had an argument last night about money which lead to a discussion this morning that lead to the truth coming out. I think my dear sweet hubby hadn't told me in order to protect me, but I'm glad he told me. I wish the situation wasn't so, but at least now I can go forth with all the knowledge there is to be had. If anything, I hate being left in the dark. I grew up very naive to a lot of things my peers knew about, which ended up making me feel less than equal to them. But now that I have matured I know that being equal with your peers isn't all it's cracked up to be.
As always, thank you for letting me vent. I can move on with my day feeling a teeny tiny bit lighter in the troubles and worries department. Anyway, I should get back to cleaning, something I always tend to do when things are beyond my immediate control. So I'll spend the day in my little cocoon cleaning and doing laundry, while my blissfully ignorant children play. Oh they know we don't have a lot of money but to them money isn't everything. Something I wish everyone could retain as they got older. How great would life be if people didn't put so much importance on having money and all the things it can buy?????????

2 comments:

Bee said...

If you close your eyes and be really, really quiet, maybe you can feel this great big hug i'm giving you right now.

Doodles said...

I'm in Colorado my friend but not close enough but know that you are in my thoughts darlin!!! Can ya stand another hug ;)
Please know that something good is coming.