Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh I must be getting old...

My dear sweet hubby has today off as he has to work Saturday, so we were out running errands. As we were at a stoplight a lady crossed the street from a Starbucks. Now you could tell this was a woman who worked in a business office as she was dressed appropriately for such a job, but she walked like she had something uncomfortable somewhere hidden! I looked down and noticed she had on extremely high heeled shoes. Now I know they were probably very fashionable and went with her outfit well, but if you walk like that wearing them, why for the love of God would you wear them?????

Pondering this made me realize I must be getting old. The day has come when comfort trumps style every single time! No ifs, ands or buts if it isn't comfortable I won't wear it. Now granted I'm not going to sacrifice any semblance of fashionality (is that a word?) for comfort, I'm not in my 80's yet, but I will look for something fashionable that is comfortable. I know for a fact that there are plenty of fashionable shoe choices out there that would have gone extremely well with her outfit and been comfortable at the same time.

But then I had to consider that maybe she didn't count on walking to the Starbucks in those shoes. I mean the woman was carrying two coffees and a bag in her hands, so maybe her boss sent her out for coffee and she was cursing under her breath about wearing those shoes on this particular day and having her boss have her run an errand on foot. But then again maybe she was the boss and just decided that a nice long walk in extremely high heels would be just the type of torture that today called for.............

No comments: