Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain, rain please stay..

.....I am so ready for the heat to go away!
In the last 36 hours we've had heat, pleasant weather, wind, hail and rain. And I'm willing to bet our high for today is about the same as the low was two days ago. It is totally putting me in the mood for fall weather, especially since school is starting next week. Growing up in California I always associated the start of school with fall weather. Now granted it probably didn't switch into the cooler weather of fall on the first day of school, but for some reason I always picture it doing so. Now that school seems to start earlier and earlier each year it puts that image of the simultaneous start of school and fall into the category of dreams instead of reality. And the funniest part is that the retail establishments don't seem to get that those two don't coincide, as they still advertise all the fall clothes being on sale for the beginning of school. Now I'm sure the most northern parts of the country probably have weather appropriate for such fashions at the end of August/beginning of September, but for the rest of us, we still have warm to hot weather. But I guess when you think about it that thinking goes along with the idea of putting swimming suits out in February!!! Yikes!
Anyway, back to the weather, I've decided I really miss the rain of Northern California. I used to get so sick of it when I lived there but now that I live in a part of the country where is doesn't rain for days, let alone weeks, on end, I miss the cold comfort of a good rain storm. Don't get me wrong I love, Love, LOVE the snow here, but while snow is so much prettier than rain, you can't hear the snow like you can the rain. There's something so relaxing and calming of the sounds of rain on your window. It's actually one of my favorite sounds.
So as I said in the beginning I sure hope the rain and cooler weather stick around. I'm not a fan of sweating and I'm also so ready to bust out the jeans and long sleeved shirts.

No comments: