Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes I hate the written word

I know, I know, for someone who seems to write a lot on her blog how can I hate the written word??? Well I'll tell ya, because sometimes it can be taken the wrong way and people's feelings can get hurt. Far too often in the past I've written something to someone and it's come out all wrong. I could have been hurt when I wrote it but it came across as being mean and snotty.

But that's not the exact reason for this post....

The real reason is based on a message board I've belonged to for a while. It all started in the summer when something was written out of general cuiosity and several people took it the wrong way. Well ever since then there has been an unspoken divide on this board, where everyone used to consider everyone else extended family they've never met. And it was after all this occurred that I stopped going there so often. I'm still in contact with some of my favorite people from that board and I don't plan to ever stop, but again there's been some disagreement over the written word that has been blown WAY out of proportion. So much so that my own mother, who is a member, has had her feelings hurt enough to stop going to this message board altogether. The worst part is that she's the one that told me all about how great a place this was. And to be quite frank it was a great place but now, not so much.

(OMG I just found where the kids hid our old fly swatter, but I digress)

So back to what I was writing, if some how some way we could write something and make sure that the people reading it take it as it's meant to be taken then I'd have no problem with the written word. But since people have minds of their own it's impossible to make sure that everyone reads what you've written in the manner it's meant.

So with all that said, I hope with all that I am and ever will be, that I never write anything in this blog that may offend, hurt, anger or cause emotional harm to anyone reading it. This blog is just meant to be an open diary for me to express my feelings instead of bottling them in. So while you read this just keep telling yourself that the following is just the opinions of a slightly crazy woman in Colorado....;)

2 comments:

dede said...

I am rarely offended (and never by you) so keep on writing. I am also of the opinion that no one should have to appoligize for something they have put on their blog (within normal boundaries, of course) as it is their journal, of sorts! Love ya - keep the posts coming!!

Bee said...

I think your friend, dede, is right. You should never apologize for what is here. It comes from your heart and it should be raw and honest.

I don't really know what to say about the other, except I'm sorry it got so bad and that feelings were hurt on both sides. You will always be one of my favorite people.