Monday, November 17, 2008

Grateful dear sweet hubby went grocery shopping with me

You know I used to enjoy grocery shopping, back when I actually did it in a grocery store that is. Now that I grocery shop at a Wal-Mart Supercenter, I don't enjoy it as much. First of all it kind of ticks me off that Wal-Mart has the best prices, as I'd rather avoid the place if at all possible, too many weirdos maybe. But when you're feeding a family of 5, with three of those being growing kids, how can you not shop there??? I go there so stinkin' much I feel like I'm becoming friends with some of the employees, geesh.

Now for as much shopping I do there, I will not buy meat there. With no on site butcher I'd rather buy my meat at a regular store where they package the meat up themselves. That means I usually make a special trip to Albertson's, the one real grocery store that has the best deals most of the time.

But back to my title, I was so grateful when dear sweet hubby said he'd go to Wal-Mart with me after dropping the girls off at school. It's nice to have company who can actually carry on a conversation, no offense Little Man! It's the one bonus to dear sweet hubby working this nasty midnight shift, he has Monday mornings off since he has to work Saturday mornings too.

Plus since the man loves to cook and can be real creative he tends to think of things to buy that I wouldn't. I usually stick to my list and that list usually contains a few standard meals, such as meatloaf, spaghetti, fish sticks......can you get the drift I'm not creative when it comes to cooking???

So since he went with we stocked up so I shouldn't have to make a trip back there for a while. Of course I did forget to get some diapers for Little Man at night (we're still working on day time potty training so he's nowhere near being potty trained for nighttime yet), but I think I may make a special trip to my mecca, Tar-Jay tomorrow morning when I'm child free to get those. Just don't think I can stomach Wally World (as dear sweet hubby calls it) two days in a row, especially since DSH won't be with me....

1 comment:

Bee said...

I feel the same way about Wal-Mart. One thing that ticks me off is that I have to unload the groceries from the cart and then unload the bags from that stupid carousel thing they have. If you don't move fast enough, the less than friendly cashier gives you a look! But what do you do? They have cheap toilet paper!

Glad you had a good date with your honey.