Monday, November 3, 2008

Grateful, even if I'm not feeling so hot...

Last night the girls and I came down with some sort of stomach virus which the males in our family seemed to have escaped. We spent the whole day downstairs curled up watching cartoons. I'm a bit better now but sure am looking forward to crawling into bed for some precious sleep and hopefully waking up feeling much better.

But I wanted to make sure I stuck to my promise of posting each day about something I'm grateful for, so now for today's entry......

I am SO grateful for having a roof over my head and a nice bed to sleep in at night. I think that is something we can all take for granted on a daily basis, well until you get sick at least. I mean being sick is the pits but can you imagine how much worse it would be if you had no home to stay at or nice bed to sleep in???

Now originally that was going to be my only entry for today but I just finished the sweetest, most loving book called "Gracie: A Love Story" by George Burns about his wife Gracie Allen. The book ends when Gracie passes away from Angina, which made me cry. Just from reading that book you could tell that he loved Gracie so very much, and she loved him just as much. But that got me to thinking how grateful I am that I know how to read. Again it's something people can take for granted, but again there are many out there who don't know how to read so they can't enjoy such a lovingly written story just like the one I just finished.

Anyway, I'm gonna hobble downstairs and make some chicken noodle soup for those who feel as though they can keep it down. So if you are reading this and are feeling healthy right now, just take a moment and be grateful for not being sick, for me, please?!?!

1 comment:

dede said...

good for you for being grateful when you feel like crap - I am going to check that book out (and be grateful that I can read it in my comfy bed!)!