Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grateful for hopes and dreams....

.....because if we didn't have those what would we have???

Seriously though, this morning I had a hard time thinking of something that I was grateful that I hadn't already posted about. But then this afternoon I got a new Woman's Day magazine and in the back were some simple inspiration quotes. One of these quotes touched me and then I realized what I should post about being grateful for. The quote in particular is such...
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly
~Langston Hughes
It reminded me of something I always tell people who laugh at me and my fantastical dreams, be they day dreams or night time ones. I always say "Well if I can't dream what can I do?"
And I have lots of dreams......like moving closer to family for instance.....winning the lottery is another.......having a reunion with some friends I recently reconnected with is a new one......and finally getting to meet my soul sister in South Carolina. Then of course what mother doesn't dream about their children growing up healthy and happy? Or who doesn't want their husband (or wife) to live a long and happy life with them?
But I guess my biggest dream is that when the time comes for me to go live with the angels that I've left this world a little bit better than it would have been if I hadn't been here at all. And that all the yelling I seem to do towards my children will be forgotten and they'll only remember the fun times we had.
So since dreams sometimes take a long time to come true....I'll just keep on dreaming so that my life doesn't become a broken-winged bird who cannot fly.

2 comments:

dede said...

beautiful!

I am grateful for your month of grateful posts - it has been awesome!

Bee said...

I can only echo what dede said. That was just beautiful!