Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grateful for modern conveniences

You know I don't know how housewives did it all before we had the dishwasher, the washing machine or dryer! I'm sure it all got done, as they didn't have TVs (or if they did there wasn't as much on to distract them) and they sure as heck didn't have computers or the Internet to steal their attention. But dang can you imagine how pooped those women must have been each night after hand washing everything?????
You see, right now I have a load in the dishwasher, the washing machine and the dryer. I know it's probably not that good to have a load in each going at the same time, but if I didn't do it this way I'd never get anything done and would have to get up in the middle of the night to move loads from one machine to another.
So a HUGE THANK YOU to whomever invented the modern dishwasher, washing machine and dryer, they are an enormous help to me on a daily basis!!! :)
OH and speaking of modern conveniences my alarm on my cell phone is going off to remind me to pick up Tink from Kindergarten, so it's time to sign off and once I get home it will be time to move those loads of dishes and clothes around some more.....

1 comment:

Renee said...

So True! Sometimes I feel most grateful for modern convienence when I have to iron...no waiting for a 40lb hunk of cast iron to heat up...just 30 seconds to wrinkle free! :)

How are you????