Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grateful for Thanksgiving

Not only for the actual holiday, I mean how many countries have a day set aside to be thankful???? Not many! But also for the food, yum yum.

The turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, veggies, gravy and the Hawaiian sweet rolls.....oooh my mouth is watering as I type.

And then there is the leftover turkey to think about.....open face turkey sandwiches with the gravy poured over it.....turkey pot pie......turkey noodle soup.....oops gotta wipe the drool off of the keyboard.

But I have to sit and wonder how many people out there are actually grateful as they are making dinner today. I mean a lot of people are probably grumbling about having to cook so much for so many or about some relative that's coming over that they can't stand. But not my family. It will just be the five of us this year and we are all just grateful to have a day to spend together where no one has to go to work or school. And even if it weren't just the five of us and we had all our family around us, we'd be happy and grateful as we don't get to see them that much, so to be able to spend a day with them doing nothing but hanging out and eating would a lot of fun.

So to everyone out there reading this.....I hope you take a moment to stop and be truly grateful for all the blessings in your life, as while most days it may not seem like you have many you more than likely have lots of them. I also want to wish you all a very healthy and happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Bee said...

That's good advice, Miz Julie. I did take that moment to be truly grateful for all the blessings in my life. I thanked Him for a lot of things and right up there near the top of the list was you!