Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby it's frigid outside....

....notice I didn't say cold? Well that's because it's not just cold it's frigid. I think when your high for the day is like maybe 2 degrees frigid works as a better description of the day than cold. Cold is like 30's or maybe 40's. However we got nowhere near that today. I mean this morning when I woke and went to check the temp on the computer it said it was -17!!!! Yes I did just type -17 and no that wasn't a typo.

I wish it was though....

I mean I love snow, love it, it's so much prettier than rain. Nothing looks more beautiful than a city dusted in snow. Especially those bare trees with the snow clinging to the branches for dear life.

But the super cold temps I can't stand. It's not only inhumane but it makes it darn near impossible for me to breathe. Being an asthmatic the extremely cold air does a number on me and I have to wear a scarf just so I can breathe through it.

Right now as I type it's apparently -4 outside. Tomorrow we warm up to a nice 15 degrees and then on Friday we'll be ready for flip flops as it will be a toasty 30 for a high. ;) But in the next 10 days we won't get any warmer than 30 degrees, so the snow we got on Saturday night won't be going anywhere any time soon. Plus they are calling for more snow in the next ten days so we'll have the white Christmas I requested in honor of my in-laws visit next week. But somehow I don't think they'll enjoy the frigid temps as much........

1 comment:

dede said...

funny you mentioned flip flops - I checked the mail today in my flip flops (and at 20 degrees that was a mistake!) Sorry for your frigidness!!