Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm pooped

Okay, the month of grateful posts is over so now I'm gonna take this one post to complain a little.........

What's a girl gotta do to get a good night's sleep these days???? I have no infants who need to be fed or changed in the middle of the night, but for some reason I can't seem to sleep the whole night through lately. Well okay the last two nights Little Man has crawled into bed and that always puts a halt to any sleep I may have had. Oh sure I get a little shut eye but that's about it, I shut my eyes then he stirs and I open them again. But even before he started coming in, I wasn't sleeping solidly. I'd sleep a few hours solid then wake and continue to wake up almost every hour on the hour it seems. For the past 6 months or so I've taken to turning my alarm clock around so I can't just open my eyes and see the time, but dear sweet hubby doesn't do that so I can just roll over and see his alarm clock and know what time it is, so the whole idea of turning my clock around seems silly now, but I still do it anyway.

I hate the idea of taking a sleeping aid, especially with dear sweet hubby on his last week of this nasty midnight shift, as I want and NEED to be able to respond to anything that may happen. But shouldn't you be able to wake up after being in bed for 8 hours and feel rested??? I don't, I still feel pooped and that's no way to start a day with three kids to take care of and a house to clean.

Okay enough complaining, plus I'm yawning like crazy, whoops there's another one, so time to hit the hay and hope the eyes don't open until the alarm goes off bright and early tomorrow morning.......Nite nite!

1 comment:

dede said...

I can relate - which is why I am commenting on your blog in the wee hours of the morning (and I have already showered)! Their is nothing more frustrating than really needing sleep and having the chance to get that sleep and then being up all night! I have never tried any sleep aids - not much of a medicine taker (I do however, have my diet pepsi sitting next to me right now - to kill the "didn't get enough sleep" headache!).