Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's just the five of us now...

...My in-laws just left like maybe 5 minutes ago and now it's just the five of us here in the house. Dear sweet hubby doesn't have to go into work until this afternoon, which is nice but then again I was hoping to get started on taking down Christmas and doing a good cleaning like I do every year when I take down Christmas. But I guess that will have to wait until after he leaves for work. You see I've come the conclusion no good cleaning can be done while the man is home. I can't exactly pinpoint why, but it's always been the case, especially since the kiddos have come along.

We had a good visit with the in-laws. The kids always enjoy having them around to show things to. I think in the first 10 minutes they were here Tink showed them every new Christmas decoration we had. Plus my MIL taught Peaches to crochet and me to knit, so it was a productive visit as well. Peaches says she'll teach me to crochet if I teach her to knit. It will be interesting to see how well she can teach me to crochet, considering she's only almost 8.

So now that the holiday is over it is time to not only take down the Christmas decorations but also time to plan my big project 2009......FINALLY PURGING THE HOUSE OF ALL UNNEEDED ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!! This is the year that I'm going to reclaim my house and hopefully have less crap laying around. Now let's see if I can actually accomplish it.

No comments: