Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No longer conflicted, which is good I guess...

.....I mean I now know what's causing the pain in my abdomen, so I can't be conflicted about what I'd want the cause of the pain to be anymore.

You see I found out yesterday that the pain is being caused by gallstones, precisely what I was hoping it wasn't. But I guess in the end it's a good thing as it is treatable and not life threatening, at least not that I know of.

So in talking with my doctor she said I could live a long time with gallstones but that they would continue to cause me pain, so I could also opt to have my gallbladder out. Wanting the cause of the pain and discomfort gone (since I guess I really don't need my gallbladder anyway, which seems odd to me), I opted for having the gallbladder yanked.

Dear sweet hubby has kindly requested that I wait till after the first of the year so his work schedule isn't so hectic, which is probably fine since I doubt they'd rush me in since I'm not exactly an emergency case.

But still the idea of surgery, whether it be before of after the first of the year, kind of freaks me out. I mean how many times have we heard about people who have complications from routine surgeries and end up 6 ft under??? My neighbor across the street had her gallbladder taken out in the summer and they nicked a bile duct causing her to stay in the hospital for like two weeks!!! See why I'm a bit nervous??? Who's to say they won't do that to me??? I can't stay in the hospital for two weeks and dear sweet hubby sure as heck can't take all that time off!!!

Okay now I'm really freaking myself out, time to just relax and try to remind myself that every case is different and that what happened to my neighbor more than likely won't happen to me as well.

Alright I'm gonna sign off now and go do some cleaning to get my mind off of surgery mishaps....... :s

3 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Hey there,
My mom and a good friend just had their gall bladders out they both said it was a piece of cake! So, try not to worry. They only knick a bile duct every once in a while...JUST KIDDING!

Bee said...

Stop freakin' yourself out. I know somebody who just had theirs out and they were out shopping either the next day or the day after that. More people do well than do badly. And when you wake up, you'll feel beeter.

AND I'll be having a talk with the Man Upstairs while you're having the surgery.

carin davis said...

I am SO sorry! I do know MANY people (all women actually) that have had it done...and they were back to normal after the weekend! It will go smooth for you! We'll be thinking of you!