Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,

But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Ah yes, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Now I know sometimes I end up cursing the snow, but dang if that first snow doesn't make me feel all giggly inside. I mean there are times I still can't believe that I live in Colorado where it actually snows. Mind you it doesn't snow as much as some places, but like dear sweet hubby says "It's snows enough to enjoy but not enough to hate".
However I do know some people here in my town that hate the tiny amount of snow we do get, but I don't know why as it never sticks around long. Most of the time if you wait long enough the snow on your driveway will melt before you really need to shovel it. However I do enjoy shoveling snow, I just keep thinking of all the calories I'm burning as I do it. (The same mind set I have when I mow the lawn!)
Plus the kids NEVER get sick of the snow. They LOVE it every time it snows, seriously they do! Peaches especially. That girl could play all day in the snow if you let her. Now Tink, she lasts a little while but then she gets cold and wants to come in. Ahhhh another way she's just like her momma. I can last a little while but then the cold creeps in and I have to go inside. Plus I don't have snow pants like the kids do and my poor jeans don't protect me one bit from the snow and cold. Now Little Man, he varies on how long he can stay out there. Some times he lasts a long time and others he wants to come in almost as soon as he got out there.
So why am I writing about snow??? Well they are calling for the first real snow in our area tomorrow and Thursday. We'll see if actually materializes as the weather here can change on a dime, seriously it can, so they can call for snow but then it can mysteriously disappear and never show up. So I guess tomorrow morning when we wake up to start our day we'll know if it is really going to happen and then I'll know if I get to burn some calories!!! ;)

3 comments:

dede said...

You haven't had your first snow yet??? Jealous! We have actually had a beautiful fall (minus those first few snow storms). I am still walking the kids to school everyday - and we aren't freezing yet (we are however, bundled!!) Enjoy!!!!

A Soccer Wife.... said...

I'm jealous of the impending snow. I love California but there is just something about wearing shorts and flip flops and BBQing Thanksgiving weekend which doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the season....

Bee said...

I'm so jealous. I love snow and it almost never snows here!

If it does snow, take pictures!!!