Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections....

....of a year gone and a year yet to start.

2008....what can I say about this year? Well it's been a pretty good one. I've reconnected with some long lost friends. All three kids are doing fantastic in school and I get to go in and volunteer at the girls' school once a week.

Granted I did have some health issues (I'm having gallbladder removal surgery on the 12th) but it's nothing that is life threatening. We also had some financial issues that we are now past and determined to never fall back into.

But overall we had a good year. Our family all came out to visit us (um Papa John the kids still ask to see you ;) ) and we had a great time with all of you.

Now for 2009!

We are hoping to make 2009 as good a year, if not better than 2008. Hopefully this summer we can make the journey out to California for a visit. In the fall both girls will be in school all day, cutting down my time spent in my vehicle driving them to and from school. Then Little Man will be in school three mornings a week giving me even more time to myself!!! What will I do??? Probably volunteer in the girls' school more, LOL.

Peaches will turn 8, Tink will be 6 and my Little Man will be 4 (the age Peaches was when Little Man was born, scary). Dear Sweet Hubby and I will celebrate 12 years of wedded bliss in July!

But as I think of all that I know will happen in 2009 I have to wonder about all those unknowns that are bound to happen......will the year bring us a transfer away from our beloved Colorado? Will our ship finally come in and we finally win the lottery??? (oh please oh please oh please!!!) And then there is the dreaded thoughts about what bad things might occur. I try not to dwell on those, as really if they are going to happen most of the time there's nothing you can do about them. Yes you can live your life carefully so that you don't cause any of them to happen but there are outside forces out there that you can't control. So let's not think about that.....

So as 2009 gets ready to start I'm going to start it with a positive attitude and the determination to not only organize and purge my house, but also to soak in every moment with my husband and children, well the positive ones at least.....;)

3 comments:

dede said...

I love your ideas - good luck with your new start!!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Happy New Year :)

Bee said...

Let's both win the lottery! Then we can just sit around all day soaking up the goodness of those postive moments!