Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sitting here working up the energy to....

....clean my house top to bottom.

The in-laws arrive on Monday and I gotta get this house into shape. Now don't get me wrong I'm not doing it because they are picky or hard to impress, but rather because it gives me an excuse to get my butt in gear and do it.

Usually I just do the daily cleaning of dishes, laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, wiping down dirty spots on walls and windows. But the "clean it so it looks like it's for sale" cleaning doesn't happen unless I have company coming over. So I actually like having company so I have to do a better job.

I know what you are probably thinking, "Why doesn't she just try to keep it looking really good all the time? Then she wouldn't have to kill herself cleaning it for company!" Well I do try but when you have 4 people and a dog, who sheds like he can't get rid of the extra hair fast enough, working against you it's a bit hard to keep up. I can't be cleaning 24/7 which is probably what I'd have to do if I were to keep it company clean all the time.

I keep thinking that if we had a bigger house and more storage (this house has so little really) that it would be so much easier but somehow some way I don't think that would be the case. I tend to get this inkling that maybe just maybe it would be just as bad, we'd just have more space to spread the "stuff" around........

So until I can finally find out if a bigger house would help or not, I have to clean the house I have now. So time to go get some liquid energy (aka coffee) and get going. Of course the most fun part about all this is I have to get my kiddos to help out too........I may need LOTS of coffee for that....................

1 comment:

dede said...

I have to do the same thing!! But FIRST I need to finish all my neighbor gifts (which are all over the counter)- there aren't enough days! (good luck!)