Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All went well

The surgery went well and I came through with flying colors. (what does flying colors really mean?) Anyway, I ended up spending the night in the recliner downstairs, which seemed like a great idea but then I regretted it when I couldn't sleep because of all the unfamiliar noises, i.e. the clock ticking, the cats eating and using their litter box and dear sweet hubby's cell phone beeping because it's battery was low. But it was probably for the best since I had to get up every 4 hours to take my pain medication. So I set my alarm on my cell phone and would wake up take a pain pill and then waddle my way to the bathroom. You should have seen me getting back into the recliner, wow is that a sight to behold! Last night I was only taking one pain pill but it said I could take two at a time and I've done so since this morning at 5 when I had so much trouble sitting back down in the recliner and it seems to have helped a bit. I got up to use the bathroom a few minutes ago and when I didn't have nearly as much pain getting up I thought I'd walk around a bit. Then dear sweet hubby told me I had like 60 emails (a bit of a exaggeration as I actually had 30) so I waddled my way upstairs. I REALLY need to get a laptop one of these days! I'm actually thinking of trying to sleep in my own bed tonight. Maybe I'll get better sleep if I do.
Well dear sweet hubby just called that dinner is ready so time to waddle back downstairs to eat....

3 comments:

dede said...

I am glad you are doing well (and what a trooper you are to go upstairs and inform us!!) I had all of my kids c-section and the best way for me to sleep when I first got home was putting a bunch of pillows under my knees - so my stomach wouldn't be too streteched! Hope you feel like your old self again soon (and by "old", I don't mean old! :))

Toni said...

Great to hear you're doing well! Now the trick will be to rest and not get back into the swing of things too quickly! You'll feel like you're ready but you'll regret it soon after! Mend, mend, mend! Loves!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. Been thinking about you...hopefully, you'll feel SO much better now :)