Friday, January 30, 2009

Almost ready.....not quite but almost.....

Tomorrow is Peaches delayed birthday party (thanks to my gallbladder removal surgery) and I have been cleaning all day...all week actually. But today is the final push as I knew if I tried to clean it really well anytime other than today I'd have to re-clean it before tomorrow morning. As my dear sweet hubby and kiddos can't seem to be neat for more than 24 hours! ;)

So I leave it to the last minute.

Then to add insult to injury I have to clean every room but my bedroom!!! Normally I'd just clean the downstairs and make the upstairs off limits, but this is a mystery party where the kiddos have to look for clues all over the house, so hence the whole house needs to be clean. It's at times like this that I really wish we had a basement so I could just hold the party down there. Oh well, you make do with what you got. (hmmmm.....is "do" correct or is it supposed to be "due"??? I've only ever said it not written it, so I have no clue)

So now I'm at a point where the whole house looks good except for some laundry that needs to be put away and the floors need to be vacuumed and mopped. But those last two will have to wait until right before I go to bed, as I don't want to risk them getting messed up again.

Thankfully the party starts at 10 am and ends at noon.....well okay I've gone back and forth as to whether or not that was a good idea. On one hand it will be over and done with by midday....but then again it doesn't leave much time in the morning for getting ready.....and that means no sleeping in for me, or anyone else if they know what's good for them.........(insert hairy eye here!).

Overall I think it's gonna be a successful party. Dear sweet hubby and Little Man are going to spend some quality time together and Tink wants to be a part of the action here, so she'll get to stay but she knows she has to kind of lay low while Peaches has her moment in the spotlight.

Of course after all this we have Tink's party, which will be three weeks from tomorrow.......and that's one I'm not sure about as I don't know if I'm quite ready to deal with about 8 almost 6 year olds..............but I guess that will be better than 8 almost 4 year olds, which will be the case in the end of April/beginning of May.......Oy, I'm getting too old for this.....

No comments: