Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back at the regular routine...

Well today is dear sweet hubby's first day back at work after my surgery and I can't decide if I'm happy or not. I mean I'm happy in a way because it means that I'm getting better and am able to handle it by myself, but then again it was so nice to have him home all week.

I even took the kids to the library and Wal-Mart by myself today, a feet in and of itself on a Saturday when I haven't had surgery recently! They did great at remembering that Mom doesn't move as fast as she used to.

But the one thing that just chaps my hide about this whole recovery process is I still feel very bloated from all the gas they put in me to perform the blasted surgery. I mean I look down and I seriously look like I'm about 5 months pregnant!!! A frightening sight when you have three kids already and know your sanity wouldn't be able to handle a fourth! I'm really hoping it's a normal side effect and not some bizarre complication in my case.

Tuesday I go to see my surgeon and hopefully have my bandages removed. I've already had to purchase some medical tape to help keep them on as they are starting to peel. But I'm nervous about what my belly button area will look like. You see the belly button is my favorite body part, as it is a reminder of the closeness we all shared with our birth mothers.

Last night I had a mild breakthrough! I discovered that if I put my poor worn out body pillow under my belly I could lay on my left side, which is oh so much more comfortable than lying my back. I'm not a back sleeper, never have been, it's always been the stomach or the side for me. So to be able to sleep on my side is wonderful. Now I doubt I'll be able to switch sides easily just yet, but I can handle sleeping on one side all night if I can handle sleeping on my back all night.

Of course the most interesting part of dear sweet hubby going back to work today is the fact that I will have to make dinner myself tonight for the first time since last Sunday. So we'll see what I have the oomph to put together and I can't cop out and do my usual "I don't want to cook so let's have mac&cheese and hot dogs for dinner" as dear sweet hubby made that last night, LOL!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Walmart on a Saturday??? You're crazy Lady! I'm very impressed though! Glad you're able to get out and about in this nice weather!