Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting anxious again....

....but this time it's not about the house, I don't know why I want to clean it so dang much before my surgery, I mean the place is a pig sty most of the time anyway.

No, no this time I'm getting anxious about the surgery. It's that unknown factor. The last time I had surgery it was in like 1980! So 29 years ago I last went under the knife and considering I'm only a few months away from being 36 this means I was 7, so I have little to no memory of it.

But this time I'm well aware of everything. I'm already thinking of how I'll be strong for my girls when we drop them off at school tomorrow morning before my surgery. I know Peaches is gonna probably be a mess, she's the one who has been most vocal about not wanting me to have surgery. But I can't break down in front of them as I need them to be strong at school, but I know inside I'll be just as scared as they will be.

So I'm trying to relax and breathe deeply. I have this really bad tendency to think of all the bad that can happen, so I'm trying really hard to not do that. It's probably best to go into the situation with a positive attitude anyway.

I doubt I'll be blogging tomorrow after my surgery so I'll try to get on here on Tuesday to let you all know how I'm doing, that is if you are interested. So until then, maybe send a few good surgery vibes my way, it certainly couldn't hurt to get as many as I can......

Hugs to you all!

5 comments:

Bee said...

Sending everything positive in my aresenal your way, including great big hugs.

I won't tell you not to worry. (I worried myself right into chest pains before my back surgery.) I'll just ask you to take another one of those deep breaths and imagine dropping Peaches off and giving her a big hug and telling her you'll see her tomorrow afternoon. And then, make a list of all the good things that will happen after the surgery - you know, some quality time with hubs, no more pain and nausea. And think of all of the qualified people who will be taking care of you and how many times they've done this procedure before.

And, yes. I care and I want to know as soon as possible!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you. :)

Toni said...

Lots of love and prayers your way!

dede said...

I will say a little prayer for you too!!

justoneoftheboys said...

Hugs to you, honey. Saying a prayer for you. I'll be anxious to hear how you are feeling.... Take care of yourself.