Friday, January 2, 2009

Half my life...

...it's hard to believe but I have lived half my life without the one and only grandmother I've ever really known.

18 years ago today my mom's mother passed away after a battle with cancer (nasty disease). I was just about two and a half months shy of my 18th birthday, so thankfully I was old enough to have some nice memories of her. But she never got to meet my dear sweet hubby or any of my three beautiful kiddos, which saddens me to no end.

But while I mourn her every January 2nd, this time around seems to be especially hard as it marks half of my life since she has been gone. Where did the time go??? How did I get to be almost 36 so quickly??? I have no clue.

All I do know is that my mom was about 5 months away from turning 40 when her mom passed and it scares me senseless to think of losing my mom in about 4 years. So every day I thank Heavens for my mom's good health, even if her poor body aches her most of the time. Because I know when that horrid day comes they'll have to sedate me for quite a while or at least put me in a padded room, as I'm such a mommy's girl.

So since I'm crying now, I think I'll stop typing, but before I do I just wanted to say....

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA &
I MISS YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Oh, darling. Your post made me cry. I still have my grandma and mom (healthy), but time goes quickly and we never know what's going to happen tomorrow. I know I would feel like you do...

Bee said...

I just wanted to send you a hug!