Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My tummy looks "almost" normal again!!!

This morning I went and saw my surgeon and he took off the bandages and removed the stitches. Needless to say it feels WONDERFUL to be bandage free!!! However I'm not so keen on the boo-boos I can now see. The belly button one isn't so bad, so that's good (remember it's my favorite body part), but the one on the upper belly part doesn't look so good and it seems that my belly caves in a bit in that area. Now I don't know if it will go back to normal and be rounded out like the rest of my belly or not, but I hope it does.

After picking up Little Man and Tink we came home and I used some adhesive removers that my surgeon gave me to take the sticky residue from the bandages. As I was doing this Little Man informed me that I was "fat" to which I said "no I'm not" and he said "yes you are". Then I told him that calling someone fat was as bad as calling someone stupid, which in our house is a BIG no no. I don't know if he got it but I think I will try to start exercising again next week. Especially since I've decided that I will NEVER get a tummy tuck, as I don't ever want to experience that kind of abdomen pain ever again.