Saturday, January 10, 2009

This too shall pass....

.....what does not kill, makes you stronger.....
.....when I look back on this I will laugh....
.....and any other statements you can think of that try to make the trying situation at hand seem not so bad inserted here....

Oy Vey Bagels!!! After only four days back at school here we are at Saturday and a whole day of all three kiddos at home and because I have refused to let the TV stay on they have been at each others throats all day! The most peace and quiet I had was when we all took the dog for a walk earlier and while they were lagging behind most of the walk they were also not fighting with each other. (Note to self: must take walks with the dog and kids more often on weekends, no matter what the weather is!)

Now here we are at night and we all seem to be at the end of our ropes. It was a struggle to get them to eat the dinner I made and I even made a favorite of most kids: hamburgers and french fries!

Earlier I asked Tink to clear her bed so I could change her sheets for her, so she did. But when she did she piled everything on the floor so I couldn't even walk to her bed. It took me 90% of the afternoon to get her to clear a path, but when she did so she buried her pillow and blankets, so now she has to take care of those herself. Guess maybe she'll be sleeping on a bed with just a top sheet and a fitted sheet, as she has made no effort to finish the job. And to be honest I won't lose any sleep over it. She didn't make it easy for me to change her sheets and make her bed so she can lie in it as it is right now.

I've also adopted the attitude this year that if I have to clean up their toys they lose them. Whether or not they get them back is up to them and how they behave after losing said toys. Right now I already have quite a stash in my bedroom that I need to go through and decide whether or not to donate or throw away. If they can't pick up all their toys then they have too many, so time to downsize.

Okay, I think I've vented enough that I can get off the computer and go downstairs to try and conquer some more laundry before the end of the day. I want to get all laundry done and put away before Monday morning as that is when I'm having my gallbladder taken out and I don't want to stare at piles of clean but not put away laundry while I'm recovering as I know all too well that my dear sweet hubby won't put it away.......;)

No comments: