Saturday, February 7, 2009

7th sign of love

The thing I love today is actually accomplishing stuff!!! I love that feeling of satisfaction you get when you climb into bed at the end of the day knowing you got a bunch of stuff taken care of. It feels so good.

Granted goofing off and just hanging out is good too, but I don't like to feel like I wasted a day, so if there is nothing special going on and dear sweet hubby is working away, I like to be working away too!

Today has been one of those days where I can go to bed feeling like I got stuff done.

I changed sheets on all the beds, got a bunch of laundry done and put away, cleaned my kitchen, cleaned up the backyard (it was littered with crap the dog had chewed up), and even made some delicious enchiladas for dinner. Tonight I can most certainly go to bed feeling accomplished!

Now, to be honest, the family room is still a bit messy, but that's it, just a bit messy, not a total disaster area. And the loft definitely looks played in, but it's not too bad either. The kids' rooms are clean and I even got to vacuum my bedroom, a rarity sometimes.

I didn't get around to making a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, but if it snows tomorrow like they are predicting, it might be better to wait until then anyway as the oven will warm up the kitchen oh so nicely.

So in closing, I am so thrilled to be able to go to bed with that feeling of accomplishment that I love so much and I hope that you get to go to bed with that same feeling!!!

1 comment:

Bee said...

You know when I feel a real sense of accomplishment? Promise you won't laught? It's right after I clean the toilet. Well, the whole bathroom, actually. It just sparkles so right after it's been cleaned. Seems like a small effort there makes such a huge difference.