Sunday, February 1, 2009

How do I love thee??? Let me count the ways...

Here we are at the first day of the month of LOVE. So here begins my month long quest to blog about all things that I love and I'm gonna start out with something so very important........I LOVE getting my hair cut!!!! LOL I bet you thought I was gonna start with my kiddos or dear sweet hubby but getting my hair cut yesterday after an ill-fated attempt to grow my hair out is topping my list at this moment. Oh granted it won't always top the list, but for this very moment in time, it ranks up real high.

You see I decided almost a year ago that I was gonna try to get those lovely long locks you see on television and movie stars, but here's the kicker, I'm not a television or movie star, so therefore I don't have the hairdresser or money to take care of or buy the extensions required to get those lovely long locks in a timely fashion. And since it's no secret that patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting the long length of time it would take to get said lovely long locks just ain't happenin'.

So with this realization made I have decided to state that I LOVE getting my hair cut and I also happen to LOVE the lady who cuts my hair. She's easy to talk to and she's always done a great job. Plus being able to sit in a chair for about an hour without having to yell at someone to stop climbing on this, or stop playing with that, is a luxury for me.................

ETA: I will try to get a good picture soon. Can't promise anything, but I have to make sure that my hair looks good enough to post and then there is the challenge of getting a picture of myself that I like......LOL

3 comments:

dede said...

where is the picture! I also LOVE to get my hair cut - it is a semi-yearly event (it is hard to take time and money out for myself!! - but, I love it when I do!)

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Picture please? I'm going to love your daily posts. I should do it, too but Project 365 has me spent :)

Bee said...

You cut your hair?! I liked it longish. But I liked it short, too.

You are not going to believe this but I have to get mine cut tomorrow. "Why?" you ask. Because I tried to layer the sides myself and now I have kind of a mullet thing going on. Not pretty. So, tomorrow, I will give new meaning to the phrase, "Having my hair fixed!"