Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just the 10 of love....

....today's post is a conflicted love.....I mean I love it but then again I don't, you know what I mean? Wait a minute, you mean you have no clue whatsoever what I'm talking about??? Well, by all means, let me enlighten you.....

This morning was very trying. Everything I asked the kids to do seemed to take at least 2 if not 3 times longer than it should have. Little Man seem to burst into tears at the drop of a hat and the girls just seemed to have no desire at all to eat their breakfast and get dressed in a timely fashion.

Now you'd think that being a mother of three I'd be resolved to the idea of not being on time anymore, but I'm not. I would rather wake up at the crack of dawn to make sure we are on time when we go somewhere, than sleep in a little bit and run the risk of being late.

But I digress as today's post isn't about being late. Rather today's post is about my time alone.

You see on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have all three kids in school in the morning, so I have a glorious two and a half hours to myself. Well okay Tuesday I do, as I volunteer in the girls' classrooms on Thursdays.

So, as I was saying earlier, this morning was really a test on my nerves and patience, so I was quite happy to drop them all off and be alone. On the way home I thought of all the things I could do by myself, maybe take the dog for a long walk (without complaints from young ones about how far we are walking), clean (without having young ones undo everything I've just done) or just goof around on the computer (not having to worry about what young ones are doing while I'm not in the same room).

Well this mornings verdict was play around on the computer without worry, but then as the morning went on I got kind of lonely. I felt conflicted about that, I mean I should be enjoying my time alone but I wasn't. I was bored with no one to talk to, or more likely, yell at.

Basically I guess I could say that today's post is about how much I love my time alone but then again how much I love having my kids around, well at least when they aren't fighting with each other. And I guess when I think about it it's probably best that I love both, because what good would I be as a mother if I didn't love my time with my kids? And I don't think I'd be entirely normal if I didn't love some time by myself. I mean even the most social of social butterflies craves some alone time every now and then. Right???

2 comments:

dede said...

I think the time alone makes us love being with them - that is why it is so great!!

Bee said...

I think dede is a very wise woman. We need that time alone to refresh and re-arm ourselves for battle!