Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!

Well I hope you are all enjoying your St. Patty's Day and wearing your green like all good Irish and honorary Irish should. Since our family is Irish we are very good about wearing our green, even getting dressed asap to avoid those dreaded pinches.

This morning the kiddos had green pancakes for breakfast. I would have too but we were too low on Bisquick to make a full batch, so I made a half batch and that only made 6 pancakes, so no pancakes for mommy. I guess I could have used food coloring to make my Cream of Wheat green, but since Cream of Wheat can look like stucco anyway, I don't think I'd want to eat green stucco.

And normally we'd be having a traditional corned beef dinner tonight, but since dear sweet hubby has to work both jobs today, I'm saving the corned beef for tomorrow night when he'll be home to enjoy it nice and fresh with the rest of us. I will however see if I can turn my Mike's Hard Lemonade green with food coloring tonight, since I'm not a beer drinker.

So in closing, I hope you all have a wonderfully Irish day and stay safe if you choose to go out and celebrate the holiday!!

No comments: