Saturday, March 21, 2009

Scenes from a birthday well spent....

It was my birthday last Thursday (the 19th) and here's how my family and I spent the day.............

Woke up to three kiddos in my bed, was so nice to just snuggle with everyone for a while.

Then dear sweet hubby made me French toast even though he isn't keen on it. He added cinnamon, it was quite tasty.

Then we all headed down to the Museum of Nature and Science for a family day. Dear sweet hubby took the day off so that I could actually feel like it was a special day, wasn't that sweet of him? It was the best present I got!

After a wonderful time at the museum we headed home and Tink, Little Man and myself snoozed on the way. It felt good to nod off.

Once we got home we realized we had no birthday cake. So the girls and I headed to Super Target to get one. It's further away than the Super Wal-Mart, but I had a gift card from my in-laws that was already burning a hole in my pocket....;)

Then it was a tasty dinner of corned beef and red potatoes....yum yum. That lovely dinner was followed by the fantabulous cake I got at Target. It was a fudge a cake with a devilishly good fudge frosting. So good you needed a glass of milk with it!

All in all it was a fantastic day and probably one of the best birthdays I've had in a while. I hope that each of you reading this are lucky enough to have a birthday as good as mine! :)

2 comments:

dede said...

sounds perfect! (I am going to make Bill read this post - he still doesn't get it!)

Toni said...

Oh, super perfect day! Wishing you a very special year!

BTW- we LOVE that musuem too!

And forgot to mention the Children's Museum does $2 off admission on Wed. nights from 4-7 for anyone dressed up in a super hero costume. Great deal but coming from FC, you're probably going to want to get there earlier for a longer day?!