Friday, April 10, 2009

Can I get off the hamster wheel now?

Ever have that feeling that you are on a hamster's wheel, going round and round but getting absolutely nowhere?!?!

I've been having that feeling lately, kind of like I'm starring in that movie "Groundhogs Day" where every day is the same thing.

I don't know if it's because we've fallen into such a routine and don't vary from it often, if at all, or if it's because this is the longest my dear sweet hubby and I have lived in one house since we both lived at home, but whatever the reason I'm getting really annoyed with the feeling.

Of course it could also be because we didn't travel anywhere in 2007 or 2008 and now it looks like we'll be home bound again in 2009.

And I totally hate the fact that here I am again posting a whiny complaint instead of some cute story about one of my offspring. I just hate feeling like I'm complaining since being a stay-at-home mom is something most women would love to be instead of working for a living. But in my defense there are pros and cons to being a stay-at-home mom as well as a being a working mom. And while the grass may look greener on the other side of the fence, often times it's just an optical illusion.

*sigh*

Okay now I'm going to take my frustration and go clean up my kitchen and maybe get some laundry put away.....hahahahaha.....I may get the kitchen cleaned up but something tells me the laundry ain't going anywhere any time soon, well at least until tomorrow....

1 comment:

dede said...

you could always drive to Utah and stay with us - it would only cost you some gas $!