Sunday, April 19, 2009

Here comes the sun...do do do do

Man on man am I glad to see the sun out today. It's a bit chilly but according to the weather forecast that will all change.

You see the weather was overcast and then rainy on Thursday. Then Friday it was a lovely mix of rain, snow and wind. We had our power go out for a little while and even though it was daytime, so still light enough in the house, the kids were all in a panic. Plus they kept opening the fridge to see it with the light out. Then yesterday it rained all day long. Okay towards the end of the day it let up some, but we didn't see a lick of blue sky or sun all day.

But then this morning, blue sky and SUN!!!

Granted my backyard is a muddy mess, but at least the kids are outside and playing and not locked up inside and fighting.

So far today I've worked on laundry, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher (but can't run it as apparently I'm all out of detergent, ugh) and put Easter away finally. I'm tempted to go for a walk, but with all three kiddos that could be a recipe for disaster. Maybe if my neighbors comes over wanting to walk their dog, I'll go, it's so much easier with more than one adult to move the kiddos along.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how glad I am to see the sun and that all that rain/snow/slush has jump started our lawn into becoming green again, so nice!

1 comment:

dede said...

we have had a beautiful weekend - I hope all of our warm rays will head your way!!