Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busy Busy Busy.....

So much has been going on lately that I can't get my head to stop spinning. Plus then if you add in my addiction to Facebook which doesn't seem to be waning, then you get the reason why I haven't posted in a while.

First we had Little Man's birthday on Wednesday, the 29th. I had, or am still having, such a hard time believing he's 4 already. I mean where did the time go??? But I am so loving this age with him, he's so cute and mischievous, which I realize can be a bad combination. Plus he still really loves to snuggle with me, which is like one of my favorite things to do, so that's a bonus as well. It's funny because I asked him to always want to snuggle with me, even when he's like 16 and he said "okay". Hmmm I may have to remind him of that when he's 16 and wants no part of snuggling with mommy.....LOL

Then I've been cleaning my butt off for the party today, which is a pirate theme, so it should be loads of fun, but I just get so caught up in making my house look perfect for guests that I run myself ragged trying to clean EVERYTHING!!! Ugh, I need to learn to either keep it cleaner all the time or be less concerned what people are going to think if I have a pile of papers on my kitchen counter.

THEN.....you add in the fact that my dear sweet hubby has applied for a position with his current employer in Nebraska and I've really been busy, both physically and mentally. If I'm not thinking about the party then I'm thinking about possibly moving. We LOVE it here in Colorado, but this position in Nebraska could mean so many good things, a bigger house, dear sweet hubby only having to work one job and actually be home on the weekends, and him getting away from his current boss who stresses him out to no end. But then the town this position is in only has a population of about 25,000, AND NO TARGET!!!!! I'm still dealing with the whole "no Target" idea, but hey if dear sweet hubby is going to be home on weekends, we can do a trip to the nearest big town that actually has a Target!

And I don't think that Tink and Little Man completely understand what all moving to another state means, but Peaches, while sad about leaving her current school, is so excited about possibly having her own room that she can barely see straight. So I've decided if we do move then I'm going to try so very hard to make this a positive experience. Plus we'll only be about 3 hours away from where we currently live, so we could always try to come back for a visit to see our very best friends.

Anyway, this has all been on my mind lately, so I haven't posted much, but I have visited here to keep up on the blogs I follow. Anyway, I should probably get going, I need to bake the cake for the party so it has time to cool before we have to frost it. We are turning two 8" round cakes into a pirate hat. I'll try to post pics of the final product, which should turn out good with dear sweet hubby and I working on it.

So until I post again, have a wonderful day and hopefully you have very little to think/worry about! :)

1 comment:

justoneoftheboys said...

Do we get to see pictures of the Pirate party? "Ahoy there!"

You have so much on your plate right now. I loved living in a small town, but I'm spoiled living 2-3 miles from TWO Targets now! I don't know if I could ever go back! LOL! :)