Wednesday, June 10, 2009

*sigh*

With all that's been going on around here that sigh just about sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. And not a sad sigh or an overwhelmed sigh, but a "things have finally slowed down a bit" sigh.

First there was the end of the school year, a busy week and then it was immediately into cleaning for the in-laws arrival. Dear sweet hubby had that whole week off, which was nice not only for our family but for his parents who hardly get to see him when they come out to visit.

We had a great time with the in-laws and even got to go down to the Museum of Nature and Science one day. Then our neighborhood had it's community garage sale and we actually sold a bunch of stuff that was hanging out in our garage!!! I can walk to the big door without climbing over crap!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!! Now we just have to get rid of a bunch of little crap and maybe, just maybe we can actually park a car in there!!!! A girl can dream!

So now dear sweet hubby is back at work, the in-laws have gone back home and it's time to start thinking of creative ways to entertain the masses so I can keep my sanity for the next ten weeks. Thankfully we have passes to go and see the dollar kid movies that one of the theaters in town are showing. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!! That will at least give us one activity to look forward to each week, oh and give me something to use as leverage to get the kids to do what they are told to do!!! Bwahahaha!!! The best part is that it will help count down the summer, as the last movie shows the week before school starts up again! Woo Hoo!!! (can ya tell I'm a teeny bit excited about this?)

But my mission this summer, other than keeping my sanity, is to help Peaches with her cursive, Tink with her reading and Little Man with his writing. Oh and I want to paint the girls' room, it so needs it, and mine and dsh's room too, again it needs it. And um there is the task of trying to not get buried by housework! Think I'm a bit too ambitious this summer??? I figure the more I try to accomplish the less down time I'll be trying to fill. Plus how great would it be if I got it all done??? Yeah me, if that happens!

Well I guess if I'm gonna get any of this done, I'd better get my butt off of this computer. So here's hoping I don't get too distracted and remember to post here more often! I forgot how much I enjoy just babbling on here. It really is like therapy sometimes, free and easy therapy! ;)

2 comments:

Bee said...

Good to see you back! I'm not normally a red, white and blue fan, (I'm patriotic, just don't always like the color combo) but this is really pretty!

Have fun with the kiddoes. School will be here before you know it and then you'll be missin' 'em!

dede said...

happy summer! Hopefully you can find some fun activities!