Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thank you for the love and the memories

Today marks 16 wonderful years that my dear sweet hubby and I have been a couple. Sixteen of the most wonderful years that still aren't enough for me, I need at least 50 more with this sweet man of mine.

Our wedding anniversary isn't until the 12th (we will mark 12 years of wedded bliss) and dear sweet hubby told me I was being silly when I wished him a "Happy Anniversary" this morning. He said now that we were married the dating anniversary didn't count any more, but I beg to differ.

It was on this date in 1993 that he totally changed my life for the better. Until he took a chance on me I had only experienced unrequited love. I had never had the joy of having someone else like me when I liked them. So imagine my joy when this handsome, funny, caring man thought I was worth dating at the same time that I wanted him so desperately to!!!

And now that we are much older, and hopefully somewhat wiser, I still find myself feeling like the luckiest girl in the world that this handsome, funny and caring man still thinks I'm worth being with!!! :)

1 comment:

dede said...

happy dating anniversary (and good memory!)