Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ever have one of those days....

....when you feel like you suck at everything? Well I'm having one of those days!

I feel like I suck at being a parent since I am yet again helping the younger two clean their room and the loft is a disaster yet again. Wouldn't a competent mother be able to stay on top of stuff like that and have it not get so bad? I think they would, so with that line of thinking it would mean that I must not be a very competent mother.

Then I feel like a failure as a wife and partner to my dear sweet hubby. He had an anxiety attack on Wednesday and it's more than likely due to the fact that he works two jobs and works practically every day. So if I was a competent wife wouldn't I have a job as well that would pay enough for my dear sweet hubby to work only one job and have more days off??? Well I kind of think so and apparently someone else thinks so too, as today I got the feeling that I'm to blame for my dsh's anxiety attack. DSH didn't make me feel this way, he isn't 100% sure what caused the attack, but someone else did and it's been in the back of my mind the whole day.

And I still can't locate a blasted Diego DVD we checked out of the library over a week ago. Last I remember I put it in the DVD player on Wednesday afternoon for Little Man to watch and now I can't find it. I've looked everywhere and have torn the whole house apart. I even looked in the car but it isn't in there either. So now we are going to have to pay to replace it plus a $15 processing fee. Happy happy joy joy!!! NOT!

ARGH!!!!!! I just want to crawl into bed and start this week all over again.........

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have those days every now and again. That person that made you feel that way is obviously not clued into the real world. I tell people that say things like that to me that it is my responsibility to raise my children, not some stranger at a day care center. Plus, it's my life and not theirs. What works for them doesn't work for me.
As long as you and your DSH fell that this is what works for you, then that is what works for you. Don't let anyone tell you that you are living your life wrong.
Keep your head up!

Toni said...

I hate those kind of days! Hang in there; it WILL get better!

XO!!

dede said...

here is hoping that Monday starts a new fresh week for you! I trick I use sometimes - close your eyes as you walk by the kids rooms and then keep your room really clean - so you can walk (blinded) down the hallway and enter a peaceful happy place!