Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm such a blond, even if the roots don't show it....

Okay...so here's the story behind the whole "I don't look good with black hair post"....
Originally I dyed my hair a dark brown, wanted a change and my hair had lightened to an unnatural blond color. Well after dying it I noticed two blond patches in the back of my head. No problem, just buy more dye and touch those up. Well I did and ended up with this...

Notice the DARK color of the hair and that lovely light spot? Yeah, it was black around the edges, dark brown on the top of the head with THAT ONE LIGHT SPOT!!!!!!!! I cried when I saw it, it was just so horrible. Called my hair stylist and she had no openings that day....so not wanting to wait I went to Wal-Mart. I got one of those hair color remover kits and ended up with this....

Thankfully I had purchased some additional hair color at the same time to fix this result. So I dyed it yet again (was really starting to get concerned that my hair was going to fall out at this point). I got a really dark brown, but I had purchased a kit that not only had the hair color but the highlighting stuff as well. So the next morning I did the highlights, but they CAME OUT ORANGE!!! Here's a picture of the highlights and they don't look too too bad in the picture, but trust me THEY WERE ORANGE!!!!!

So I decided to try and tone down the orange highlights and got some more hair color (in total I think I spent close to $40 in hair color, ugh) and instead I got all over dark again. Frustrated I almost went Britney Spears on my hair and shaved it off. But a crying Peaches convinced me to not shave it off completely. So I attempted to cut it myself. Granted it's not the best hair cut in the world but it's not too bad until I can convince my dear sweet hubby to let me spend even more money on my hair again to get it professionally cut. So until then I look like this....

Which has prompted some to comment, "Oh I see you went back to your natural color"....actually no, brown is not my natural color, blond is, dark blond these days, I just have obscenely dark eyebrows that are the root cause to this whole hair coloring mess....if they weren't so dang dark I wouldn't have worried about my hair being so unnaturally blonde......ARGH.....maybe I should just shave the eyebrows off and not the head of hair...............

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I know what you mean about the blond hair and dark eyebrows...mine used to be that way. With my third child, I suddenly went brunette, and have had dark hair ever since. Now I've got a few gray ones, but I figure I've earned them!

I got a kick out of your hair adventure...or shall we say, "misadventure."

I found your site through your comment on livinglovephotos.

Lynn

Lynn said...

No, wait, I got it through your comment on "be different, act normal." I didn't read the e-mail correctly.

anyway, why not check out livinglovephotos.blogspot.com, since I notice you have some other photo blogs listed in your sidebar.

Your monkey theme is soooooo.....cute!

Bee said...

You're so cute it doesn't matter what color your hair is. Well, that may not be entirely true, but I like it dark. I like it blonde, too. And I never really even thought about your eyebrows being darker than your hair. Most blondes have darker eyebrows, don't they?

Lindsay said...

I think most of us have darker eyebrows than our hair. I feel your pain when it comes to hair color. Mine is so long that I end up with candy cane like stripes in mine sometimes. Plus I have a Bonnie Rait like gray streak in the front that just won't take color. And now I have one in the middle of my head...argh! Oh well. I have found one hair color that works fairly well, comes out pretty natural and by golly it saves me the $80 it used to cost me at a salon.

Toni said...

It turned out amazing especially considering what you went through!!!!!!! I like it!!!

And I must be the exception to the rule because I have VERY light eyebrows- actually glow in the dark when I get sunburned. My hair has gotten darker since children but my eyebrows are still very blond!

... said...

Howdy.

I just discovered your site through Beemusing, and stopped by... And promptly noticed your dilemma with the whole hair color thing. So sorry!

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there for the time when you decide to do something different with your hair: a dear friend of mine is blonde with *very* dark eyebrows. She confessed to me that her eyebrows are so dark that they look almost black in comparison to her dirty blonde hair.

"Whoa. I never noticed," I say. To which she responds, "Yeah, that's because I bleach my brows to lighten them up."

Yes indeedy. Apparently, there are eyebrow bleaching/coloring kits out there that allow those who are unhappy with their brow color to make a change. Or, you can just use some of the lightener you used on your hair. Either way, it seems like it would be a lot less hassle or work than ten boxes of color!

Hopefully this helps some and your hair/eyebrow woes can come to rest! Take care!