Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well it looks like I'll be getting a job soon...

Poor dear sweet hubby is getting so burned out working two jobs to make ends meet and even though he works 7 days a week money is still tight, so it's time for me to find a job that will pay well but can be worked around either the kids' school schedule or dear sweet hubby's schedule so that all the money I earn isn't eaten up by daycare costs. Now the million dollar question is if such a thing actually exists!!!! Somehow I highly doubt it does.

My neighbor works for a women's clinic and they are in need of a front desk person and they pay exactly what I would like to be paid, but unfortunately I would have to be there at 7 am and the kids don't start school until 9. Now I could try to put the older two in the before school care at their elementary school but I doubt I could do that with Little Man since he's still in pre-school. Even though his pre-school is only a block away from the elementary school.....who would walk him over to the pre-school? And I doubt that the women's clinic would allow me to come in after I get the kids to school. I could try to ask my neighbor though, but I doubt it.

But then if I get that job there is the problem of needing day care for all the days off and vacations....what do I do then?

Oh why oh why does going back to work have to be so dang difficult?????? *sigh*

2 comments:

dede said...

sorry
is there any positions available at the kids school? You can always look for a work from home job (I have a few friends that work for jet blue at home and then they get free flights too!) Best of luck!

Lindsay said...

Actually, that was what I was going to say. Check with the kids school or if there is another school in the area. I have had a few friends that have worked in the offices where their kids went to school. Maybe check with the middle school, junior high and high school. They might need someone for various things like playground monitors, administrator positions or even in the lunch room. They may not be glamorous, but you can work the hours that you need. Good luck!