Monday, September 7, 2009

Floored, flabbergasted, and flustered....

Why is it that people are having such a problem with the president making a speech to the schools tomorrow??? Is it because he's half African-American? Is it because he's a democrat? What is the reason that some schools are not showing the speech and in the schools that are why are some parents opting out of having their children watch??? Are they afraid that the president might try and brainwash their children into thinking that all Republicans are wrong? Do they honestly think that a speech about staying in school and doing their best is going to turn political???

UGH!!! I am so honestly flabbergasted about this that I can't see straight. It just makes no sense to me why people have such a difficult time with it!!! I mean George H. W. Bush made a speech to schools back in 1991 and I don't recall anyone having any problem with it back then! I mean I don't even think it was an option to opt out of watching it. And if you know differently please share with me!

I just read an article in the paper about how three schools in town are not showing the speech at all and one is going to show it later after they've had a chance to view it and plan a lesson plan around it. Really? You have to plan a lesson plan around a speech about staying in school???

Oy vey, what's this world coming to?

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Agreed. I would think that it would be an honor to hear a speech from the president regardless of your political thoughts. Crazy world.