Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's so dang easy to do....

....so maybe that's why we do it so much.

Complain, that is.

I hate it when I find myself complaining way more than I need to. Yeah, money is tight for us and there for a while we weren't sure what was making dear sweet hubby have anxiety attacks (turns out he's hypoglycemic), but we have a nice house to live in (even if it feels small sometimes) and three beautiful children who are all healthy and bright, even if they do fight a bit much sometimes.

SEE!!!! I just did it. I was talking about the blessings we have and I couldn't help but put in some complaining comments. I mean I should be glad I have a house this big! The house I grew up in was half the size and we had 4 people living in there, so this should not be too small for 5 people. And yeah my kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes, heck even the cats and dog we do have don't fight as much, but hey at least they are able to fight. At least they don't have some kind of disability, mental, physical or emotional, that might make them lose touch with the world around them and all that it means to be a child growing up and learning their way.

I heard a song on the radio recently that made me realize that yeah, I may not have a perfect life but hey I'm alive and that's what matters most, right? The song is the last one on my playlist below. It's called "I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews. And I love me some Dave Matthews! And yes it's a country song, but I think that since Dave Matthews sings as well that it will probably get some pop music air play. But that's not really the point. The point is that in listening to it it reminded me that just breathing is a gift and some people don't get that gift every day.

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

You're right! Focus on our blessings :)

dede said...

beautiful post and a nice reminder - thanks!